Superintendent's Blog

Thank You to a Special Community

June 18, 2012 · No Comments

As I begin my final days in the Bedford Public Schools, I want to say thank you to a special community that has been so supportive of our schools during my 15 year tenure.  When I came to Bedford in 1997 as Assistant Superintendent, I never imagined that I would be ending my career here as your Superintendent of Schools.  For me, working for a community that cherishes its children has been a professional privilege.  The support of this community for its schools has always been unwavering; that support has been rewarded by the professionalism of a faculty and staff always willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.  It is that home-school partnership and commitment to common goals that make this such a special place for children to learn and to grow.

I look forward to hearing about the continued success of these precious schools as the new leadership team, led by Jon Sills, takes the helm.  Leaving the personal and professional connections to Bedford will be hard, but knowing that you are in good hands makes the “moving on” easier.

Have a wonderful summer filled with some quality family time and some lazy days.  On a personal note,  I am looking forward to the birth of our second grandchild and to long walks on the beach.

Be well.

Maureen

Categories: Community · Parent

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below..