Superintendent's Blog

Teaching and Learning in 2012

January 4, 2012 · No Comments

One of the blogs that I follow as part of my Personal Learning Network is Mind/Shift.  In a recent post, one of the guest contributors noted that we can expect the following trends to grow in 2012:  Teacher Collaboration, Technology Integration, and Blended Learning.  These trends reflect the work we are doing in our schools as we make the time for more teacher collaboration, encourage the integration of online resources into classroom pedagogy, and support teachers’ efforts to incorporate blended learning models into their practice.  As I think about 2012, I am convinced that we have reached the “tipping point” that will quickly shift our schools into a future where the roles of teacher and student are more fluid, the requirements for time on learning are redefined, the use of technology and classroom access to the internet via 1:1 devices more widespread, and and the need to collaborate across time and space  more urgent than ever before.

I know that our talented faculty is ready for this shift and I, for one, am excited to see them evolve their practice in the coming year.

If you are interested in learning more about these trends, click here:  http://mindshift.kqed.org/2011/12/three-trends-that-define-the-future-of-teaching-and-learning-2/

Categories: Digital Learners · Teaching and Learning

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below..